What Do Freelance Christian Writers Usually Do: Tips For Beginners
If you are a Christian writer just breaking into the freelance field, there are actually a few options open to you. First of all, try to determine whether you want to do all of your writing as Christian-based. Do you have an interest in writing blog articles? Would you like to try your hand at writing Christian novels or eBooks? Many writing sites will give you the option of choosing from any of these.
Tips to Marketing Online
Even if you sign up with a freelance writing company, you will still want to be proactive in marketing your skills. It is a necessity if you’re looking for this to be your main source of income. You don’t even need a degree in marketing to do this. Following these relative easy steps can get you on your way.
- Set up a website for yourself. It can even be a free site; you don’t have to buy your own domain name and hosting at the beginning. Wait until later when you’re established.
- Look around for the best writing companies. They will help promote you as a writer. They already have a great deal of traffic and customers who need writing done will come to them looking for great writers like you. This is an excellent way to promote yourself and to start getting writing jobs right away.
- Don’t be afraid to engage with people on social media. You might not personally know of anyone who needs the kind of writing done you specialize in, but you never know who they might now. It may surprise you that potential clients will just seem to come out of the woodwork so to speak.
- Go into forums and other types of online communities where people meet that might be interested in your service. Engage with people, be helpful to them, and meet lots of potential clients.
- Make your pitch perfect. Know who your customer is and practice pitching your writing service to them.
- Offer to do some guest blogging. This is perhaps one of the quickest and easiest ways to immediately start getting your talent out there for lots of people to see and getting your name known among those who read Christian blogs and articles. This is your best option in combination with number 2 which will get you an income right away.